The University of London has appointed a leading expert in business administration, Dr Dimitrios N. Koufopoulos, as the new Director of the Global MBA.
He brings over twenty-five years’ experience, including teaching, lecturing, and the design and delivery of online learning materials and courses.
Dr Koufopoulos holds an MBA and a PhD in Business Administration from Cardiff University. He is the founder and research director of the Hellenic Observatory of Corporate Governance, a research and education centre dedicated to the study and application of responsible principles of corporate governance in Greece.
Among his publications, Dr Koufopoulos has contributed to many reviews and journals, and has co-authored a book with Martyn Pitt, Essentials of Strategic Management (Sage, 2012).
Speaking about his appointment, he said: “I’m very excited about my new role, which will encompass a range of different elements, including academia, marketing and alumni relations.
“This Global MBA has been specifically designed for career professionals and provides considerable flexibility in both mode and place of study, while offering students four entry and examination points per year.
“This additional flexibility will help students to successfully combine work and study.”
Dr Dimitrios Koufopoulos: affiliations
- Member of the European Academy of Management (EURAM)
- Member of the Strategic Management Society (USA)
- Member of the Academy of Management (USA)
- Member of the Chartered Management Institute (UK)
- Fellow of the Institute of Business Consultants (UK)
About the Global MBA: key facts
- The Global MBA launched in January 2017.
- Academic direction is provided by Queen Mary University of London.
- Specialisms are available in Accountancy, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Finance, Law and Leadership.
- The programme is accredited by CMI and CIMA.